Who should receive letters and emails? All in a leadership role: business leaders for starters; Contact us if you think there’s anyone else we should add!
- Bosses of Marks & Spencer (pride themselves on green credentials – see Plan A 2025: https://corporate.marksandspencer.com/media/press-releases/2017/plan-a-2025)
- See FT 100 (Footsie 100) companies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FTSE_100_Index
- Heads of major news and broadcasting organisations: Director General of BBC, Chair of BBC Richard Sharp, editors of Times, Financial Times, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Sunday Mail, Daily Mirror, The Sun, Sunday Times, Observer, The Guardian (Katharine Viner),
- Political leaders at all levels but especially the President of the COP26 UN Climate Conference to be held in Glasgow in November. Alok Sharma is working on this full-time now, based in the Cabinet Office. He said on 8th January: “The biggest challenge of our time is climate change and we need to work together to deliver a cleaner, greener world and build back better for present and future generations.
Through the UK’s Presidency of COP26 we have a unique opportunity, working with friends and partners around the world, to deliver on this goal.”
- Other political leaders: PM, Chancellor of the Exchequer, Secretary of State for Business Energy & Industrial Strategy (Kwasi Kwarteng), SoS for Trade (Liz Truss), SoS for Education (Gavin Williamson), SoS for Environment Food & Rural Affairs (George Eustice), SoS for Housing & Local Government (Robert Jenrick), SoS for Transport (Grant Shapps) – https://members.parliament.uk/Government/Cabinet for contact info, click right arrow.
- First Minister of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon – https://firstminister.gov.scot/
- First Minister of Wales, Mark Drakeford – https://www.markdrakeford.com/en/
- First Minister and Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland, Arlene Foster and Michelle O’Neill – https://www.executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk/
- Local council leaders of Central Bedfordshire Council. Key councillors sit on the Executive: https://apps.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/apps/cm/Home/CouncillorRoles?id=2 You can find your local councillor for your ward: https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/directory/14/your_councillors/category/67 or you can enter their name here: https://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/directory/14/your_councillors
- Leighton – Linslade Town Council members: https://www.leightonlinslade-tc.gov.uk/councillors/
- Local and national faith leaders: Church of England, Roman Catholic Church, Muslim Council of Britain (https://mcb.org.uk/ ), Methodists, Baptists, Sikhs
- Andrew Selous MP – House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA 020 7219 1612 (09:00-17:00) firstname.lastname@example.org MP for South Beds.